More Than 50% of Americans Don’t Have a Valid Will in Place. That’s Your Audience.
Easy to give and easy to receive, bequests are a popular and convenient way for donors to leave a significant legacy.
Take the fear out of estate planning by educating your prospects how to write a will, plan a bequest, and make other long-term arrangements in a way that aligns with their faith and meets their personal goals.
This handy and simple Estate Planning Kit doubles as a networking tool. Use them as leave-behinds on donor visits. Give them out at Legacy Society luncheons, major donor gatherings, reunions, or board meetings. Or hand them to financial advisors to pass on to their constituents.
- Estate Planning Guide (A simple, step-by-step booklet to estate planning.)
- Will Starter Kit (Begin your will before you meet with your attorney.)
How We Developed It
- We reviewed the products from all the other vendors. They were long and complicated. Even though I know planned giving, I felt like I was being led down a labyrinth. Imagine the poor prospect!
- We researched the estate planning materials put out by PNC Bank, Wells Fargo, and Edward Jones.
- We researched other estate planning tools online.
- We concluded there was a gap in all the products. No one is producing a simple estate planning guide with an emphasis on charitable planning.
- Our marketing writer wrote the content, an attorney reviewed it, and our graphic designer made it look attractive.
- We combined the best of the best, kept things simple, and emphasized charitable planned gifts (after all, you’re a nonprofit not a financial planner). The result: a practical tool that doesn’t make the donor feel she’s in law school.
You may wish to adapt the language in this kit, but that’s defeating the purpose of the project. We’ve done the work so you don’t have to. If you have any editorial changes, keep them minimal. To personalize it, focus mostly on the images. I personally love the drawing on the cover with grandma (R.I.P.) looking dismayed from her portrait at her quibbling family. But of course you can use whatever cover you wish, including your own images. We also have a ton of gorgeous stock photos you may want to look through.
Both booklets in this product are supplied as a PDF which you can forward or post on your planned giving website. We can provide printing estimates if needed.
Product Spec Sheet (PDF 1.4MB)