If you already know the basics of planned gifts, this is a great refresher. If you are not familiar with the basics of planned gifts, then this course is definitely for you. In simple, plain English, Meredith Sossman, Esq., CFRE and Viken Mikaelian, founder and CEO of PlannedGiving.com, will present an overview of the most popular planned gifts. An essential webinar for any CEO, CFO or fundraiser who wants to raise more and larger gifts.
Meredith Sossman, Esq., has raised millions … both in planned and major gifts. She knows the ins and out of all gift plans and will summarize them for you in less than one hour.
- Not too technical, simple explanations.
- What do calculators do?
- What planned gift works for different types of donors.
- What planned gifts are risky for the nonprofit.
- How to “sell” certain planned gifts.
- Which ones are the most popular?
- What are the specific donor characteristics profiles?
- Upside and downside of each gift plan.
Gift Plans Covered
Gifts Anyone Can Make
- Appreciated Securities
- Retirement Plans (Rollover Included)
- Life Insurance
- Donor Advised Funds
- Real Estate
- Personal Property
- Mineral Interests
Gifts That Provide Income*
- Gift Annuities
- Deferred Gift Annuities
- Annuity Trusts, Unitrusts, Remainder Trusts
Gifts That Protect Your Assets*
- Retained Life Estates
- Lead Trusts
- Bargain Sale
- IRA Rollover explained
- Upsides and downsides of each gift
- Donor profiles for specific gifts
- Incentives under the new tax laws
- Year-end giving… is it too late?
Discover how easy it is to raise funds through planned giving — you’re sitting on acres of diamonds.
- Gifts Comparison Chart
- Donor Characteristics Table
If you do not know how your basic gift plans work, you will not be able to raise planned gifts!