Social Media is a Full-Time Job
The Planned Giving Social Media Survival Kit… Don’t Go at It Alone… The Nonprofits Who Do It Right Have a Full-Time Dedicated Staff.
[Read this interview with Viken Mikaelian on Social Media for Planned Giving.]
You’ve heard that Social Media can benefit your nonprofit, but you don’t know where to start. Or maybe you just don’t have the time to schedule posts, share events and keep track of comments.
Relax… We’re Here To Help
PlannedGiving.Com’s Social Media Survival Kit* is a customizable social media setup and management package designed to help your nonprofit connect with your clients and donors where they spend the most time online: Facebook®, YouTube®, Twitter®, LinkedIn® and Instagram®.
How It Works
We first begin with a free one-hour consultation. Every nonprofit’s needs are different, therefore we evaluate whether we are a good fit or not for each other.
After your free consultation, we develop a proposal based on your needs. Since this is not a “canned” solution, every organization’s social media campaign we take on will be priced accordingly.
Why You Need It
Social networking is huge. Massive. And growing. There are already more than 2 billion people using social media worldwide. In 2017, it accounted for more than 2 hours and 30 minutes of their day. As of 2017, 81 percent of the United States population had a social networking profile.
You need to be in front of that audience, but it can be nearly impossible to do if you don’t have a dedicated team to stay on top of it. We can be your on-call team, or just get you up and running and provide training for your staff.
There are many Social Media options. We focus on the Big Five to get you the best results:
|Social Site:||#of monthly users|
|Facebook ®||2.2 billion|
What We Can Do
Our services can be as simple as helping you to produce simple content and post, or scaled up to complete solutions as below.
- Set up your company’s account (if needed) on the social network sites you choose. That includes:
- Helping you choose and size appropriate cover and profile images.
- Creating or editing any “about” text — this includes your organization’s mission, goals and “elevator pitch.”
- Creating a first post to get you started.
- Uploading your first video to YouTube (where applicable).
- Create a Content Calendar to guide your posts. We’ll work with you to develop your content themes, decide on post frequency (from once a week to 5 days a week), and come up with a schedule to post any events you’ll be hosting. The content calendar is just a guideline, and can be modified at any time.
- Create a strategy for advertising and boosting. When done properly, social media advertising can expand your reach far beyond traditional print advertising. And it’s much more cost-effective, too: We’ll work with you to determine your audience — and then create an advertising campaign that, through existing social media data, is targeted directly at them. Instead of paying to put your ad in front of people who don’t care, your ad will be shown to people who already have an interest in the type of good work your organization does. We’ll also help you determine which posts you want “boosted” — shown to a larger audience than just those who like and follow your page
- Grow awareness about your mission. By getting your organization on social media, you’ll get your message in front of a wider potential audience — giving you more chances to attract supporters.
- Performance Tracking. We’ll keep you up to date on your campaigns by using tools including Facebook’s pixel, Instagram reports, Google Analytics and Twitter reports. We’ll also perform A-B testing on all ads to make sure you get the best results.
- Create an optional e-marketing campaign. Utilizing your pre-existing email address list, we’ll set up and distribute your organization’s announcements and updates. This is the perfect way to announce fund-raising campaigns, provide donors and board members with updates, and stay top-of-mind with your audience and prospects. We’ll include links to your social media accounts, create landing pages for your campaigns, and share links to those landing pages on your social media accounts.
- Help you create a social media response plan. Sometimes, bad news happens. Through social media, you can keep your audience informed and respond almost instantly to a crisis. We’ll also help you develop appropriate responses to questions, negative comments or accusations, so that your staff knows what to do, how to do it, and how to phrase it. Whether it’s engaging a critic by inviting further discussion, hiding a negative or inappropriate comment, or blocking an internet “troll,” you’ll be prepared. Of course, we’ll also be prepared when the “good news” happens.
Don’t Go at It Alone
Social media as well as E-marketing is a full-time job. Don’t go at it alone and wing it. We’ll customize a solution that’s perfect for your organization.
Call 800-490-7090 and ask how one of our dedicated Social Media team members can be a dedicated team member always on call just for you.