The best way to build a relationship with a donor — or a potential donor — is to find out more about them. Do studies show this? Absolutely. Do you need a study to prove it? Absolutely not — it’s common sense.
The easiest way to gather critical information you need about your donors and their intentions are through donor surveys. Why do you think most retail transactions come with a request to fill out a short survey?
At PlannedGiving.com, we provide donor surveys so you can gather information to use as engagement tools. And everything we provide is backed up by analytics — all to help you better understand giving patterns and the inherent needs and wants of your constituency.
Why are donor surveys important?
- How are you going to know what your donors need and want if you don’t ask them?
- How else are you going to gauge donor satisfaction? (Guessing is not the answer.)
- How else are you going to predict what will make it more likely that a donor will continue to give, or even increase their giving?
- How else will you determine the right incentives to entice donors?
- How will you know what issues to address — and what to leave out — in your donor communications?
- Feedback helps you to alter — or maintain — course as needed.
- You’ll be able to tell who’s engaged, who isn’t, and clean up your list of donor prospects.
Call 800-490-7090 today for more information, or contact us here.
Areas of Focus
- General Planned Giving and Estate Planning Research (most popular)
- Market Research
- Online Fundraising
- Event Planning
- Donor Feedback
- Donor Satisfaction
- Board Governance
- Volunteer Involvement
There are four critical steps we take to establish an effective survey strategy:
- Clarity, Focus and Brevity of Your Survey
- Objective of Your Survey
- An Optional Test Drive with a Small Group
- Make it Appealing