Eventually that “someone else” will steal your cash gifts, too, because planned gifts are gifts from the heart.
Below are more tidbits:
- Cash-starved times are best times for planned giving.
- Fundraisers who even dabble in planned giving earn 25% to 100% more than those who don’t.
- A typical planned gift is 200 to 300 times the size of a donor’s largest annual gift.
- Planned gifts do not affect prospects’ cash flow.
- Prospects are eager to make a planned gift, but simply don’t know how.
- Prospects making gifts through their wills typically double the amount of their annual support.
- Anyone can make a planned gift.
- Promoting planned gifts is easy.