You know the moment. You’re piling whipped cream on of your pumpkin pie and talking football with a cousin when it arrives.
“Okay, everyone,” announces your sister, who insists on keeping the tradition alive. “Let’s go around the table and say what we’re grateful for.”
And the pressure’s on. Do you pick a classic? List your top 10? Try to be witty? Poignant? Creative? And how about when you’ve just settled on something and the person to your right steals your idea?
Not to worry, we’re here to help.
Our clients are some of the most successful, creative people in the planned giving community. We asked them what they’re grateful for, and here’s what they said. (Feel free to steal their ideas at your family feast this Thursday.)
- Health. (This was by far the most popular answer. Appropriate, since expressing gratitude is good for your health.)
- Family. (The second most popular answer. A classic to be sure, but always a good response at a family affair.)
- Donald J. Trump
- An opportunity to be challengingly employed so that I can improve the station of others, while staying excited about every coming day.
- Crisp New England weather.
- A job that I find personally fulfilling that has a positive impact on my community.
- PlannedGiving.com, silly!
- Sunny mornings, loyal pets, clean sheets and really good apple cider.
- People that give generously to worthy causes without any requirement to do so.
- Terrific tech support at my job!
- Working for a non-profit whose values I respect.
- My health, my family, my family’s health….from my 6 month old grandson to my 89 year old mother-in-law, everyone is healthy and happy!
- The benefits of education.
- You know, I really can’t think of anything I am NOT thankful for….
- The opportunity to be part of positive change in the world everyday.
- Our wonderful donors.
- Viken and his PlannedGiving team.
- People caring about other people.
- I am thankful to work at one of the most beautiful colleges in the United States.
- A day off.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at PlannedGiving.com!