How to Create a Powerful Planned Giving Website.
And, if You Build it, Will They Come?
Viken Mikaelian was the first to bring planned giving to the Internet in 1998 — just a few months after Google was founded.
To this day, no one beats his capacity to convey planned giving online. Not just in donor-centric copy, but copy written for Google from a Search Engine (SEO) perspective.
Viken will showcase the “back end” of an effective planned giving website, and share his secrets on how they are built. After all, it’s the “inside” that counts, not the façade.
- How technical should you get?
- How about those donor stories? How long? How many?
- Should you have a planned giving calculator online?
- Is SEO important?
- How should you construct your navigation? (Old school versus new school)
- What gifts should you focus on?
- Can you track who is visiting your planned giving website?
- What you should and should not be sensitive about. (Really? Are fundraisers that sensitive?)
- Gift Planning or Planned Giving?
- Website H.I.T.S. Or, How Idiots Track Success.
- “How fresh should we keep our planned giving website?”
- And the eternal question, “I have a planned giving website! How do I get the word out?”
Viken has wit and humor. Get ready for an unusual presentation.
WITF Public Media Center
4801 Lindle Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Date & Time
Friday, March 15, 2019
8:00 AM Networking and Coffee
Session length: 55 Minutes
Susquehanna Valley Council of Charitable Gift Planners
Fees and Goodies
$15 for members
$30 for non-members
Coffee and bagels
At every presentation Viken hands out complimentary copies of:
- Pocket Guide for Board Members
- Gift Plan Comparison Charts
Morning Workshop and
A Match Made in Heaven:
Planned Gifts and
Major Gifts Unite
Tax Reform’s Impact